General Description of Job:
HAS Inc. is an established agency driven on changing healthcare options for the disabled community, and strengthening the working environment for caregivers. We are fighting to increase earning potential, creating better training for staff, and raising the standard of service for direct care staff. We now offer hundreds of thousands of dollars in merit-based bonuses DSPs can earn each month this summer. We are looking for experienced caregivers who can help lead our Residential Habilitation program. Do you have a year of DSP experience or more? Consider joining the HAS Inc. team and carving out a new future in healthcare. Must be 18 to apply.
This is the best Caregiver Experience – and you’ll make great money this summer!
Responsibilities and Duties:
Is responsible for providing residential habilitation services in a safe environment. Duties include the performance of simple procedures as an extension of therapy services, personal care, ambulation and exercise, passive range of motion activities, household services essential to residential habilitation, assistance with medications that are ordinarily self administered, teaching habilitation skills, recording changes in the Participant’s conditions and needs and progress towards goals as per individual suppo1t and habilitation plan and completing appropriate records.
- Providing personal care, habilitative and supportive services as per Participants Individual Support Plan
- Maintain adequate and complete training, education, and experience to effectively and properly perform all duties
- Maintain all applicable legally- and regulatory- required qualifications and/or certifications
- Complete and maintain current CPR certification and First Aid training
- Assisting with activities of daily living (AOL), personal hygiene, eating and meal preparation, dressing, toileting skills as needed, exercises and ambulation. All daily activities
- Maintaining a safe environment for clients
- Maintaining current and accurate clinical records
- Communicating changes in the status of our clients
- Providing household duties to facilitate our client’s self-care at home, giving the opportunity for our client to be as independent as possible
- Assisting clients in establishing a daily schedule for household duties and activities of daily living
- Instructing clients in learning and re-learning household duties and activities of daily living
- Other duties deemed necessary by the manager or administrator
- Follow all guidelines set within the Employee Handbook
Obviously, there is a lot here. But our expectations are fairly simple; help us care for our clients. They deserve it. That’s a pretty cliché summary, so we’ll break it down a bit. To us, an exemplary employee does the following:
- On time to shifts and communicates with their supervisor, in advance, when they need time off. This one is basic – help us out by showing up to work!
- Confidential. Our employees are charged with the responsibility of maintaining the confidentiality of our clients, their personal information and background, and their diagnoses.
- Always working on something. Be engaged and actively working on something to help your client.
- Constantly developing. Training and growth are mandatory. Attend all trainings, learn everything you can.
- Respectful. Be mindful of your privacy and the privacy of others.
- Maintaining a clean and healthy environment. Helping clients do chores to keep their house clean is part of the job.
- Safe and Secure. This one is mostly self-explanatory – keep your clients safe.
- Engaged. Be ready to take your clients into the community.
- Compassionate. This is a hard job. If you are leading with love, you are certainly taking a step in the right direction.
Age: Eighteen years or older.
Education: High School graduate or equivalent prefe1Ted. Be able to read and write legibly, to understand and carry out directions and instructions, keep simple records, and function with minimal supervision.
Completion of CPR and First Aid Course before official start date working with participants.
Other: Valid Driver’s License
Criminal background check satisfactorily completed on line and passed within 60 days of hire.